1. He texts you, “Good luck!” before a big meeting. Because he knows all your worries/problems/stressors inside and out and believes it’s his job to constantly relieve you of them.
2. He trades you drinks if you accidentally order a bad cocktail. Even though no one knows how to make a margarita/tequila and soda/whatever your favorite drink is just the way you like it. But your tastebuds mean more to him than his own.
3. He texts you, “I miss you,” out of the blue. He really means, “I love you.”
4. He picks up your favorite veggie burgers/chips/pizzas before you even think to ask him to. When you’re together and want to eat something, he randomly procures one of your favorite foods as if by magic. (Which it kind of is, because he absolutely reads your mind.)
5. He sits quietly next to you on the couch when he has to work late at home and you want to watch TV, just so he can be with you. He doesn’t care that you’re ignoring him, he just wants to share air with you.
6. He asks all the women he knows for help picking out your birthday present.Because he knows you return EVERYTHING and is determined to get you something you won’t want to return.
7. He puts your comfort before his. He gives you the good pillow. Or if you’re cuddling on the couch, he’ll sit up so you can lay down on his lap.
8. He takes the middle seat when you fly together. So you can have the aisle or window.
9. He gives you piggyback rides home when your feet are absolutely killing you at the end of a night out. After this happens twice it becomes a ritual and you don’t even have to ask him to carry you home – he just scoops you up as soon as he notices you slowing down and clobbering home like you’re drunk (which, let’s be honest, you might be).
10. He asks you how award shows or other momentous things you watch on TV were, even though he doesn’t care about said momentous things. Even though he should because anything involving a red carpet and Giuliana Rancic is ~*EvErYtHiNg*~.
11. He always makes an effort with your friends. Even if you spend an entire meal talking about what Emma Watson wore yesterday and he has nothing to say about it, or if he had a terrible day at work, he’ll always turn on the charm and act interested in your friends and everything they say.
12. He goes shopping with you, and doesn’t look pissed off or annoyed the whole time. Because he loves spending time with you, no matter what you do together.
13. He cleans up after dinner even if he cooked when he knows you’re tired.He doesn’t mind breaking the “you cook, I clean” rule or vice versa if he knows you just need to crash at 9 like an old lady one night.
14. He volunteers to walk the dog when it is too cold/rainy/late and he knows you’re not in the mood.
15. He comes over to your side of the bed to cuddle in the early morning.Even when he is still basically sleeping. He just knows, even when he’s basically unconscious, that he wants to be near you.
16. He gives you the last bite of dessert. He knows chocolate means more to you than it does to him, and he won’t fight you for it.
17. He surprises you with an emoji text even though he hardly uses them.Because he knows YOU love them, and he wants to speak your language and make you giggle even when he’s not with you.
Image Courtesy: Getty
See the article on Cosmopolitan US