This is an important step with regards to the question of how to reduce pimples. Exfoliation helps in removing all the dead skin from the skin and helps in formulating new cells. Practicing this at least once in a week or more helps in getting a soft and subtle skin.
Toning is very important as it closes the pores of the face. To get rid of the pimples, always use a toner which is alcohol free. Here is a list of good toners for oily skin.
Moisturising locks in the essential moisture. For pimple and acne- prone skin, always use products which contain salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide as active ingredients, as they help to reduce pimples.
Regular moisturising helps to regulate the blood circulation in the skin and controls the sebaceous glands to release the sebum. Thus proper moisturising gives you a healthy and glowing skin.
However if you currently suffer from pimples and breakouts, try these home remedies for pimples.
Home Remedies for Pimples:
1. Sugar scrub:
Skin exfoliation is the most important beauty treatment that you should follow in order to maintain healthy, glowing and pimple free skin. Brown sugar is one of the mildest natural exfoliater. It removes the dead cells, dirt, sebum and impurities from the pores, which causes pimples.
Mix together 3 teaspoons of brown sugar in 1 teaspoon of honey.
brown sugar face scrub
Apply all over the face and scrub gently in circular motion.
brown sugar honey face scrub
Once dry after 15 minutes wash off with cold water and pat dry.
2. Neem face pack:
When we speak of home remedies for acne, neem is the first name that comes to our mind!
Treat your acne and scars with the help of a professional advice. Ask a Dermatologist for free at Lybrate. Click here.
Neem is one of the most widely known anti acne home remedies which have been used since ages.They are rich in anti fungal, anti bacterial and blood purifying properties working as a best natural astringent. It cools down the skin and prevents you from getting pimples.
Grind a few neem leaves to form a paste. You can either use fresh leaves or dried leaves. In the tutorial I have used dried leaves.
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 11
in this, add 1 teaspoon of multani mitti (fuller’s earth).
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 10
Add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and raw milk to form a smooth paste. Turmeric has anti- bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 09
Apply on the face and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
3. Potato pack:
Potato is a good absorbent of excess oil and sebum and it also removes dirt and grease from the skin. It reduces dark circles, puffiness under the eyes, blemishes and acne marks. Regular application of potato pack shows effective results.This is another wonderful acne home remedies.
Thin slices of potato can be applied over the pimples. You can also grate the potato and the juice can be applied over the pimples and acne. Sliced potato can be kept over the eyes to reduce the dark circles and puffiness.
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 07
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 08
Here is a handy list of Potato face packs.
4. Cinnamon pack:
Cinnamon is another home remedy for pimples that has anti-microbial properties which help to fight pimples and also add a healthy glow on the face.
Grind a few pieces of cinnamon to form a powder.
In it add a teaspoon of honey and gram’s flour (besan).
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 05
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 06
Apply the pack all over the face and leave it for 15 minutes.
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 25
Once dry, scrub the face in light circular motions and wash off the skin.
5. Orange peel pack:
Orange contains large amounts of citric acid and vitamin C, which refreshes skin and relieves the acne. The orange peel as well as its juice can be used to treat acne and pimples.
Grind a few pieces of the orange peel to from a paste.
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 04
Apply all over the face and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 03
6. Natural scrub:
This homemade scrub will help to clean up dirt, dead cells and oil that tend to build up and block pores, which then lead to pimples.
Take one teaspoon of rice flour in a bowl.
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 30
In it, add a teaspoon of gram’s flour (besan) and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
Homemade Remedies For Pimples 02
Add a teaspoon of raw milk to form a smooth paste and apply over the face.
home remedies for pimples 01
Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
The Must To-Do List:
Apart from these home remedies for pimples, this is the to-do list that you should follow religiously:
7. Wash your face 2-3 times a day with cool water as it helps to close the pores of your skin.
8. If you’re suffering from this problem for a long time, use a medicated cream which contains benzoly peroxide and salicylic acid to the targeted areas. You can also crush a few tablets of any aspirin (as it contains salicylic acid) and mix it with few drops of water to form a paste. Apply this paste over the pimples or acnes and keep it overnight. Rinse off with cool water the next day.
9. Use the mud mask (multani mitti) at least once a week to clean the pores.
10. Regularly steam your face as it helps to opens the pores and makes the removal of pimples and blackheads very easily and effectively.
11. Wash your make up tools like the brushes and sponges to remove all the dirt, oil and bacteria from them.
12. Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily to flush out all the impurities from the body.
13. Avoid touching your face with your hands regularly. Also while talking over phone, keep it away from your face. While doing so, you will transfer all the dirt and bacteria from your hands or phone to your face, thus increasing the risk of pimple formation.
14. Have a diet rich in vitamin A, vitamin E, niacin and zinc. All of these help to ward off and fight away the pimple forming bacteria. For vitamin A, you can include carrots and pumpkin in your diet. You can also use carrot or pumpkin face packs over the pimples. Foods like wheat germ, peanuts, watermelon, pumpkin seeds, meat and crab contain a lot of zinc which controls pimples internally. Zinc is also an antibacterial agent and regulates the sebaceous glands.
15. Drink a glass of warm water with a teaspoon of honey and lime juice daily in the morning, empty stomach. This will purify the system by flushing out the toxins from the body, and maintains the PH balance of the skin thus curing pimples and acne. You can also drink green tea as it a powerful anti-oxidant, helping to keep the pimples at bay.
16. Do not squeeze or prick the pimples or blackheads. This would increase the sebum production and also let the bacteria spread on the surface of the skin, leading to more pimples. It also leads to a permanent pigmentation and the spots remain for a long time even after the pimple is healed.