- Kumquat: 1 cup sliced
- Fresh Orange Juice: 250ml, about 5 oranges
- Fresh Lemon Juice: 150ml, about 2 lemons
- Sugar: 1 and 2/3 cups
- Water: 1 cup
- Orange food colouring(optional): a few drops to your liking
- Zest the oranges, then juice them. You Set both aside.
- Juice the lemons and set aside.
- Slice the kumquats and take the seeds out.
- In a saucepan add all the ingredients except for orange juice and colouring and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce heat, cover and let boil on low till the kumquats are completely cooked.
- Turn off heat and add orange juice and food colouring, stir to combine.
- When cooled, strain the mixture through a medium sieve and store in a sterilized bottle.
- Refrigerate and use within a month.
- To make a drink: pour desired amounts over ice and cold water.