- 8 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 cups escarole or chard leaves, thinly sliced (about 2-3 heads)
- 1/4 cup clam juice or water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 lemon wedges, for garnish..,
Step 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook linguine until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
Step 2Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until pink and curled, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Step 3Add garlic and the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add wine and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Add escarole (or chard) in handfuls, stirring until it wilts before adding more; cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Whisk clam juice (or water) and cornstarch in a small bowl then add to the pan; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan, add lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Drain the linguine and return it to the pot. Add the sauce; toss to coat. Serve with lemon wedges.