Were you aware that the humble lemon, apart from adding taste to your food, is also great for your skin and hair?
Lemons have different uses — they’re beneficial for your skin, hair and even nails. Read on to know how you can use them…
– Have a lot of blackheads, which refuse to disappear just by using beauty products? Lemon juice is an effective way to prevent and remove blackheads. Use a cotton soaked lightly with a few drops of lemon juice and gently apply on your face every alternate day.
– Skin feeling flaky or dry? Instead of using your normal moisturiser, head to the kitchen and make a paste out of honey and lemon juice and apply it all over your face, hands and legs. Add a few drops of water if the paste is too thick.
– Another very effective moisturising combination is lemon mixed with fresh coconut water. Use it as a face wash every morning and see how fresh your skin feels.
– Get rid of those unsightly dark patches on you knees, elbows and toes by rubbing a fresh lemon on them.
– Fix yellow and brittle nails by mixing lemon juice with a few drops of castor or almond oil. Let the slick mixture sit on your nails for about 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
– Suffering from dandruff and a dry, itchy and flaky scalp? Apply lemon juice on the scalp and see how it gets rid of flakes. Do this about thrice a week for best results.
– You could also use lemon juice to exfoliate your lips. Mix it with some sugar and rub your lips with it.