Chicken pieces – 1 kilo
Onion – 1 medium
Tomatoes – 2 medium
Curry leaves – 6
Carrots – 2 medium
Sweet potatoes – 1 big
Skimmed yogurt – 1 cup
Sambhar masala – 2 teaspoons
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon or more based on taste
Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 to 2 teaspoons based on taste
Olive oil – 2 teaspoons levelled
Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
– Add the oil to a pressure cooker and wait for it to heat up a bit.
– Add the chopped onions and stir till they turn transluscent.
– Now add the chopped tomatoes and once they start drying up, add all the spices (Sambhar masala, Red chili powder, Turmeric powder) and salt. Mix well.
– Add the curry leaves and let them integrate with the spices.
– Add the ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
– Add the chopped vegetables and stir.
– Now add the chicken pieces and mix so that the spices and paste coat each piece. Stir over a high flame till the chicken juices run dry. Should take about 3-5 minutes.
– Now add the yogurt and mix well. Add a quarter cup water and cover the pressure cooker.
– Simmer for 7 minutes after the first whistle.
– Once the 7 minutes are up, remove the pressure cooker from the flame and wait for all steam to escape.
– Garnish with chopped coriander or onion rings.