From the up-dos, waves to bouffants, you can go creative with long hair and look good if it’s done properly
* Reese Witherspoon: A centre parting is a key part of the 1970s trend, but the actress adds a 2015 twist by pairing it with gentle curls starting from chin-level down, rather than going for a dead-straight do.
* Victoria Beckham: Frequently sported in the loosely pinned high bun, Victoria’s youthful yet chic style is a trend, and of course is even better if you have killer cheekbones to show off.
* Beyonce Knowles: The high ponytail has lots of drama with the extreme height of the pony. It’s great for adding height, and slims your overall look. Recreate it by tonging the ends of your hair with a wand and gently combing through the one Beyonce sports regularly.
* Holland Roden: The combo of beehive and wavy ponytail, as seen on Roden, has a pretty 1960s feel, with lots of natural texture rather than being scraped back. Take hair back with your fingers, rather than a comb, to keep it casual, and wear the pony low at the neck.
* Kelly Brook: The casual undone wave is big at the moment, moving away from more formal curls, says Tresemme ambassador Jamie Stevens. Tong the hair in big sections, twisting it as you wrap it round the barrel, and leave the ends uncurled. Always shake hair through with fingers, don’t brush it.