» SWEET AND TART BLACKBERRY LEMONADE
SWEET AND TART BLACKBERRY LEMONADE
- 6 Lemons (room temperature)
- ½ to ¾ cup agave nectar (to taste)
- 6 Cups of cold water
- 6 oz. fresh black berries
- Ice cubes
- Roll room temperature lemons on cutting board to prepare them for juicing
- Cut lemons in half and juice, using a citrus juicer or a fork (I place a mesh strainer over a liquid measuring cup to catch all of the unwanted seeds).
- This should yield about ¾ to 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Combine lemon juice, agave nectar, and cold water to taste (adjust portions to your liking).
- Rinse fresh blackberries. Set aside a handful to be used for garnish.
- Place remaining blackberries in fine mesh strainer over lemonade mixture. Using fork, muddle blackberries, pressing juice out and catching seeds in strainer.
- Add ice cubes and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Serve with whole blackberries as garnish