Here are top five foods that can help prevent cancer:
- Berries – Pterostilbene, an antioxidant called found in high quantities in blueberries, has cancer-fighting properties. Include any one of these- blueberries, blackberries, strawberries – in your diet.
- Broccoli – Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower contain phytonutrients, which may help prevent cancer.
- Turmeric: Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, has been shown to prevent and inhibit formation of tumours in scientific studies.
- Pomegranates – Ellagic acid in pomegranates has been shown to inhibit cancer cell growth and deactivate cancer-causing compounds.
- Grapes – The resveratrol, a natural antioxidant found in skin of red grapes, may help prevent or stop cancer from spreading.