Ingredients ½ cup cubed carrots ½ cup chopped beans ½ cup cubed potatoes ½ cup shelled peas or frozen Handful of small cauliflower florets 1-2 teaspoon oil ½ teaspoon cumin seeds or jeera 1 small
- ½ cup cubed carrots
- ½ cup chopped beans
- ½ cup cubed potatoes
- ½ cup shelled peas or frozen
- Handful of small cauliflower florets
- 1-2 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds or jeera
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of curry leaves (kaddipatta)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
For Masala Paste
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 inch stick cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 cloves (laung)
- 3 green chillies
- ½ inch ginger
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoon gram dal (dalia / pottukadalai) or cashew nuts
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, cubed
- Using a little water, grind all this to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil 2 cups water, ½ teaspoon salt and add all the vegetables cut to a similar size. Cook till nearly soft. Drain and keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil and crackle the jeera. To this add curry leaves and finely chopped onion. Saute till onions are soft.
- Add the ground masala paste, ½ teaspoon salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and bring to a simmer along with the parboiled vegetables.
- Add upto ½ cup water to adjust consistency of the dish.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove into a serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Paranthas or Aapams.